Your attention is focused on your computer so you have no idea what’s going on behind you. Have a quick look. I’ll wait.
I bet 99% of those who looked behind them said ‘nothing is happening’ and the other 1% said ‘not much’.
Those who didn’t look around are those who were already certain there’d be nothing to see. They are the ones the monsters always get.
It’s how stage magic works. While you watch the fancy moves of the left hand, you don’t notice the casual slip of the right hand into a pocket. It works on everyone although once in a while, someone spots the sly move of that right hand.
Well, another flypast tonight. Sleep beckons at this unnatural hour. Only four more redeyes to go.
I hope to catch up on comments at some point.