Trying to write on a laptop with a dog trying to lick your eye can be a bit of a challenge. Especially if you’re in a slight bit of a hurry. I’m meeting mum in town today for some burger and expensive tea.
Now yesterday was my grandfather’s birthday party so I figured I’d do something special with my nails. I wanted something light and girly and to try out some of my new things from the German shopping orgy. So this is what I came up with
If you’re for some reason interested in how I achieved this here is a rough guide.
What you’ll need is
A base coat
3 polishes of your choice I chose 3 pink ones where one was a bit lighter than the other and a white polish (who was camera shy)
A top coat
A make up sponge
A stamping polish I chose white
A stamping plate, scraper, stamper, lint roller and tape
Nail glue or a clear top coat
A pearl like half bead and tiny beads
Tooth picks and if you have one of those wax pencils to pick up beads
Nail polish remover
Q-tips and a small brush that you won’t mind using with nail polish remover
- Apply base coat to all fingers and let it dry for a few minutes
- Apply coats of white polish to an okay opacity.
- Apply 3 lines of the pink polish on your make up sponge and dap on all fingers. Let it dry for a few minutes and go over again with the sponge with fresh polish. Do this until you have desired opacity. I just needed to go over mine twice.
Apply a layer of top coat to blend the colours a bit more together.
A video on how to make this gradient effect Here
- Clean up around the nail with the Q-tip and brush and let polish completely dry.
- Apply your stamping polish to the stamping plate, scrape away the excess polish and transfer the image to the nail with the stamper. I used a bow pattern on all my fingers except the ring finger.
A video on how to stamp here
- Use tape to remove what stamping image got onto your skin
- On the ring finger I applied a bit of nail glue but you can also use clear polish, use my wax pencil to place the pearl half bead and then used a tooth pick dipped in top coat to line the smaller beads around the half pearl
- Top coat all your nails and let them dry.